Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Alright, so I just finished packing, and thought I would throw this together, just in case I run into anything interesting/awesome down under. I'll probably post pictures and stuff here as well.

Things you can expect from me: a deeply intense cultural analysis, pictures of cute animals, and epic stories that someday you will tell your grandchildren. Or grandparents. I don't know, I'm not going to tell you who you can and can't talk to about these things. What sort of country would we live in then? Maybe Australia? Which reminds me, I'll have to check my rights before I do anything rash. There are probably a bunch of weird ones, like "the right to resist police only while wearing kitchen utensils." This might actually exist. There's an Australian folk hero named Ned Kelly who was pretty much a lawless bandit who (incoming gross graphics) did things like twisting the balls of policemen until they died of blood loss. Anyway, the police weren't too happy about this and they surrounded him and his gang, whereupon Ned Kelly emerged from his hideout wearing makeshift iron armor, complete with an iron pot as a helmet, and attempted to shoot down the police force a la Ironman. Pretty sure he died, but he is now a fondly remembered legend? Interesting society. I think I'll like it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment