Friday, April 3, 2009

Skipping Spring

As the Australian Summer transitions into the slightly cooler Fall, I'm realizing that I have completely skipped out on Spring this year. Spring is my favorite season, and having experienced the winter-spring transition for the past 20 years of my life (yes, I'm including year zero), I'm feeling a little thrown off. I was feeling a little despondent today (partially because Ogilvy is either being a tease or a dick), and wrote this.

When April makes her entrance
Dancing light steps 'cross the stage
March, forgotten, bows to
No one, and fades away
We are all watching April
Swing 'round her corn field sky
A colourful parasol
Warm colors we know and love
A moment passes, we ask -
Has it been that long, April?
Since we hummed in your breeze?
Since small newborn grasshoppers,
Grass-hopped in tender fields?
Since new leaves reminded us
How green green can be?
But that moment passes too,
As we smile, taking April's hand.


No worries,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment